321546

Friday 22 March 2013

Blue Circle Likes Fitness

It's great to see quite a few of the crew at Blue Circle showing some enthusiasm for living a fit and healthy lifestyle. We've got hockey players, swimmers, runners and crossfitters working here and lots of others who strive to eat well and partake in activities and events that add to the one's overall sense of well being.Why, we even have a certified (and insured!! lol, that's what we do!) personal trainer working in the office. We've got some that do their work outs before and after work and many at lunch, be it yoga, cross training, running, or simply a good, brisk walk.
Speaking of which, my latest trip to the Talisman Centre for a work out also allowed me the chance to see some of Canada's premier synchronized swimmers competing in the Canadian Qualifier. It's the largest synchro meet in the country and determines who gets invited to the Canadian Open Championships. Several of the team from Blue Circle are planning on a little badminton challenge match at the Talisman on Saturday, so I plan to catch a bit more of  the synchro action as they narrow down the field.
And, talk about a level of fitness that I could only hope to achieve. Some of these young women can be upside down in the water, sometimes for minutes at a time, sculling with their arms, and raise their entire lower body out of the water. I know I can't do that, cuz I tried. But, at least I didn't have to put all that gel in my hair! haha!

Pretty packed in the practice pool
 A pair doing their routine for the judging panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment