321546

Friday 28 June 2013

Red Cross

Not everyone volunteers doing the dirty work, as someone needs to plan for aid stations and do logistical work to ensure the people displaced by a disaster will get proper long term care.
My good buddy Vince, from the Red Cross, called to ask for help after I told him of my availability. Along with Dario Diaz, the Regional Director of Mass care and Logistics Emergency Services who headed up the field reconnaissance, myself and a couple of other volunteers went out to survey some of the flood areas and emergency contact personnel.
At Red Cross headquarters with Aziz, Dario and Kamal
Flood waters ran through here

Still half full of water and muck

My daughters place, now uninhabitable


This isn't even the worst hit part of the city either!

You can see how close the flood came to the next floor


Very sad to see someone's home destroyed like this

No comments:

Post a Comment