321546

Friday 17 March 2017

Climbing The Walls

Happy together:)
Just spent a really nice evening with my daughter and her her guy, out at The Calgary Climbing Centre (Chinook) doing a bit of indoor climbing and bouldering. It's a great way to spend some family time together while giving oneself a bit of a mental and physical challenge.  I haven't climbed for several years now and there was a lot to remember, plus my hand and finger strength has definitely faded over the years. Glad to see my family out doing something that we can enjoy together and it makes me want to have some more fun and practice my technique and work on hand strength development.
It was also a pleasant reminder of how much fun I had climbing all those many years ago with some special friends and what a great bunch of people there are in the climbing community. Maybe that's one of the best things about climbers, as they are challenging themselves and wanting to help others get better, offering ideas and tips on particular routes and sharing the camaraderie of those challenges. Awesome!
Ready to climb
This is one strong gal and made it up with no issues!
Us lads had more trouble on the same 5.10+ route

Over the crux
Here's goes the old guy!


Good technique...hip to the wall, arm straight, use your legs....



Bad technique...arm muscling up the wall!! haha



There's my girl, up the wall like Spiderwoman




No comments:

Post a Comment