321546

Thursday 20 August 2015

Big Daddy!

Even though this post is about a custom bike I really love, I titled it Big Daddy, after the inspiration for the custom work done on this drop dead gorgeous customized BMW R80. The builder, Nigel Broughton, was inspired by one of the originators of the custom build culture, Ed "Big Daddy' Roth, who played a major role in the 50's and 60's with the California Kustom Kulture. Watch for my next post, where I'll do a feature on 'Big Daddy', 'Rat Fink' and all those crazy cartoons I remember from my youth.
As for this beautiful bike, I first saw it via a BMW Motorrad tweet and loved it instantly. It's not that there aren't plenty of customs on bikes other than the usual 'American Iron' that are so popular, but this one leans a bit toward that old school style usually associated with that genre. Suffice to say, I'd love to roll around on this bike and must give huge kudos to Nigel for this awesome creation!
I love the big fat white walls and matching paint on the rims

Very cool custom paint
Clean and simple
A 'Big Daddy' touch
It looks great from any angle
Again, clean and simple lines

A nice profile





No comments:

Post a Comment