321546

Thursday 21 September 2017

Strangers

Haha! Saw this photo on some twitter feed and thought it was pretty funny. I like moments of solitude and being in remote places to get away from it all, so to speak, but I am also a people person and enjoy meeting and talking to folks I run into along the way, learning about them and what they do, who they are, particularly if they are different from me. It seems harder and harder to do these days however, as people are always talking, texting or interacting with their immediate friends on their phones. Example...I am in the grocery store, picking out some fruit, when someone walks up and stands beside me. I glance over as they say "hello, how are you", but when I respond, there's a dirty look, like I'm sort of weirdo or pervert and they turn away, no doubt telling their friend to whom they were actually speaking to on the phone that some stranger actually spoke to them. Awkward, to say the least, but no big deal to me if it wasn't so sad too. It is indicative of the way things seem to be these days and makes a person wonder that if you're never willing to take a chance and talk to someone you don't know, how will you ever learn about those who are outside your typical circle of friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment