321546

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Canvas In Calgary

Kyla and I stopped in at Canvas, the cool little restaurant attached to the Gerry Thomas Art Gallery.
Canvas is the "art of food, coffee and wine", so you can imagine the taste sensation!
We met the very lovely and down to earth Tamara, who whipped us up her fabulous banana, avocado and dark chocolate breakfast pudding, garnished with hemp seed. I'd use the word bliss but wouldn't want to confuse the pudding with the scrumptious Tahini Bliss Balls with Goji Berries that are also on the menu. Another bit of palate perfection!
Of course, we needed a beverage to go with the breakfast pudding, so I had the Mayan Mocha, which was great. However, after having a sample of Kyla's drink, which Tamara likes to call Surya Namaskar (Salute to the Sun in Sanskrit), I might just have that when I go back for my next visit. Whipped almond milk with Indian spices definitely took me back to my travels through India, and of course anyone who practices yoga will recognize the connection with the sequence of asanas to the intention of the drink. "With all the depths and charms of my mind and all the love and cordiality of my heart, the divinity within me greets the divinity within you".
We also met Gouru, the new chef who will be working on developing the lunch menu. If that's as good as the breakfast fare, we're definitely be happy to pop in for a noon hour bite!

The Canvas facade, right next to The Gerry Thomas Gallery

Restaurant and an art gallery 

Tamara, the kitchen magician with a flair for wholesome



The stainless Bison



Kyla and I both thought the cupfuls were photos worthy. 


Surya Namaskar on the left, and Mayan Mocha on the right

A super tasty bowl of banana, avocado and chocolate breakfast 'pudding'

Tamara and me, with the Mayan Mocha

No comments:

Post a Comment