321546

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Vintage Tractors?

So, I got a notification at work from one of the companies we represent regarding vintage tractors. Hagerty Canada is a company that has specialty insurance for vintage automobiles and we are hoping they expand that to include vintage motorcycles as well, since we deal with quite a few of those bikes. Interestingly, they just opened up a program that covers vintage tractors, which prompted me to look into just what that means in the grand scheme of things.
Certainly, I've seen a few collectible type tractors at various fairs and in a parade here and there but never realized just how big of a thing they were, with lots of people restoring some of these old work horses and showing them off at Show 'n Shines just like they do with the collectible car and motorcycle crowd.
Here's a few photos of some tractors which I found particularly interesting, since some were on the farm when I was working on one as a young fella. Does that mean I am also going to be classified as Vintage soon, if not already? haha
I worked on an old tractor like this on the farm.,  a pre-50's era tractor that we called 'Old M', like in 'Aunty Em', though it was actually an 'M' series. It had that great big metal seat mounted on a piece of spring steel, for a smoother ride. 


There were plenty of AC's around that part of the country where I lived on the farm.

Thankfully, this was way before my time :)

Anything with steel wheels would have been a rough day of work

'Farm Red'

A silver one to match my hair!! haha

This Allis Chalmers looks like it's still a working rig.

Definitely at a Show 'n Shine in this photo
























No comments:

Post a Comment