321546

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Hail Protectors And Blankets

After posting about life in 'Hailstorm Alley" and having the Alberta Emergency Alert app to be forewarned about imminent danger, like hail, I looked into ways to protect a vehicle from hail. These devices are designed to be toted around in the trunk or back seat and can be pulled out and used when on the road, or if you don't have access to a garage to store your rig.

Yes, if you have proper insurance coverage, hail damage would be covered, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure for sure. I, myself, have had the unfortunate experience of being caught in a hailstorm and it was covered with no issues, but what an inconvenience. Running to get estimates and making appointments for repairs, usually weeks after the fact since severe hailstorms tend to create major catastrophes with many victims. In my case, the damage was so extensive and parts so hard to come by that my vehicle was in the shop for 2 months. And sure, the insurance company provided a loaner vehicle, part of my excellent coverage, but it wasn't my vehicle of choice and I really wanted my own truck back.

Anyway, here's a selection of hail protection devices for everything from a small car up to an R.V., and if you're interested it is certainly easy enough to search on the internet.
This seems massive but it apparently fold up into quite a small package.

This is more like a quilted blanket

Better than nothing, but probably unreliable

This one is like a pop up tent

Bubble wrap for your car

Another quilted blanket style cover

A blanket designed for small R.V.'s and camper vans

This is a very large, multi-car cover built by an auto dealership in Calgary this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment