321546

Sunday 24 July 2016

Kayak: Origami Style

Since I just did a post about my sea kayaking adventure out of Tofino, B.C., it was of great interest to me to get this link sent to me by my brother. Essentially, an Origami kayak made by Oru Kayak. It's small and portable when collapsed, and it easily assembled when needed, apparently taking all of 30 minutes to put together from start to finish. 
Based on my latest kayaking experience,it would seem prudent to not totally trust this little boat on the open ocean, fully laden, but it sure would be interesting to give it a try in less demanding and critical conditions. It seems Undercurrents in Calgary sells them, along with a whole lot of other cool boats, boards and gear. 

At just over 12 kg, the boat is easily carried in it's own rucksack


Out of the bag

A few easy steps to flip and clip

3.5 m long and .5 m wide

Looks simple and easy enough to assemble

Obviously it is 'skirt ready'.

No comments:

Post a Comment