321546

Thursday 7 April 2016

Education




I'm not sure how many people know this about the insurance industry, but like many professions that require licencing or journeyman certificates (I'm also a Craning and Hoisting Journeyman with a class 1 licence), there are educational requirements which must be completed each year to keep you up to date and current within your industry.
Last year I was a little tardy in getting my courses lined up and completed, which adds unnecessary stress to a busy work environment. This year, I decided to get with it and be way more proactive, signing up for some classes and getting ahead of the curve, so to speak.
let's face it, insurance information can be pretty dry stuff sometimes and there have been a few courses that seemed way longer than what was stated on the outline, but if you keep an eye out there are some really interesting things to learn about. Of course, this is all much easier to do when you're not in a panic to get it done! haha!
My last two courses, coincidentally the ones that also gave me the last few credits I required, were quite informative and both dealt with 'overland water and flooding', though the separate courses looked at this subject in totally different manners. It's funny how fast the classes are done when you're engaged in the subject matter and the instructor does a great job of presentation.
Look for some future posts on the water related topic which I'll put out later in the week and weekend. Some of the information is extremely useful, might save you some major headaches, and will definitely open your eyes to how water leaks and flooding can seriously affect more than damage to your assets.


No comments:

Post a Comment