321546

Friday 15 April 2016

Mountain Men ( and Women!)

It was absolutely beautiful on Sunday past and a perfect day to head out to the Kananaskis area ( we call it K Country), in the Rocky Mountains. Actually, it's the Kananaskis Range, which is part of the Rocky Mountains but no matter, it's beautiful out there and so easily accessed from Calgary. We started at barrier Lake and hiked up to what is called Prairie View, with a view to the south west of Barrier Lake, and one to the east which looks back down the valley and out onto the prairies.
We held off getting there too early and even still, there was still a bit of snow and ice on the trails, as it had been chilly overnight and some precipitation had fallen in the form of snow. Nothing too treacherous of course, as we were packing along a 2 month old baby and had to be careful, not just with him but also his Mama, who's working her way back into shape.Slow and steady wins the race :)
K country is a part of my big backyard and I'm always amazed and humbled whenever visiting the mountains. It puts things into perspective and makes one realise just how small we really are in the big wide world. And, no matter where my global travels take me, just about everyone I meet says the Rocky Mountains are their own dream destination, which makes me appreciate the fact that I can go there any time and enjoy a fantastic outing with my family and friends. Truly amazing!

Barrier Lake, at the trailhead to Prairie View


I love the weathered wood and stone on the shoreline


Uphill for 5 km 

It's a long, steady climb and you get this beautiful view for your efforts.

This is not soother theft, just my son toting my grandson on the hike and making some adjustments! haha

Me with part of my beautiful family that I love so much, enjoying a great day in the Kananaskis Range of the Rockies

No comments:

Post a Comment